We are looking for visionary people with a dream: find a job that they love while making a difference!
NCW is a multimedia platform for the modern family. NCW is a print magazine, an interactive digital experience, a curated shopping site and exclusive live events throughout the year. From design in Copenhagen to fashion in New York to lifestyle and well-being around the globe, NCW offers a global look at sustainable living in the modern world.
NCW is looking for freshman and sophomore undergraduate students in search of an internship. Where many internships have students shadow professionals and get coffee, this internship gives the responsibility to the intern. This is THE internship for students with an interest in social entrepreneurship, editorial, marketing, and making a difference in the world.
Major responsibilities include:
▪ Create material to promote NCW brand and increase our traffic and readership
▪ Build connections with mom ambassadors and bloggers to increase awareness about NCW’s mission
▪ Host social gatherings, and other events
▪ Innovate. Come up with new creative ideas to expand NCW brand. We’d love to hear about them!
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Presentation experience.
▪ Campus or local community leadership/activism experience.
▪ Ability to multi-task
▪ Organized and detail-oriented
▪ Ability to work both as a team member and independently
▪ Experience with fundraising or community organizing a plus.
▪ Experience in PR/marketing and sales
▪ Social media skills (active blog writers, have many Twitter followers)
What YOU get out of this:
▪ Full ownership of all you accomplish with NCW
▪ Better communication and problem solving skills
▪ The benefit of an ever-expanding social and professional network. Employers love to see your involvement and you increase your chances of being
hired if you have access to a strong and well-connected network!
All We Need Is:
▪ Cover Letter expressing why you’re interested in working with NCW
▪ List of 3 References
Note: Applications without a cover letter are considered incomplete, and will not be considered for positions within NCW. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from YOU!
THIS IS AN UNPAID POSITION. Candidates can expect a strong letter of reference and assistance in receiving college credit.
Candidates can expect to work from home or online (full time or part time)
This is a good way to build experience for work in marketing, sales and editorial positions. We are a fast growing media company with opportunity of full time engagement at the end of the internship.