Sweet Mary’s Signature Chocolate-Caramel Apples
- 15 Large Organic Fuji Apples
- 15 Wooden Apple Sticks
- 1 5-pound brick of Peter’s Caramel
- 2.5 pounds of Milk Chocolate Wafers
- 1 pound of Colored Chocolate to Drizzle (You can find this at Michael’s in the baking section. I use 3 colors usually, white, pink and red.)
- 3 Squeeze Bottles
- 15 Cellophane Bags with Ribbon
Wash apples and dry completely.
Insert wooden stick into the core of apple… This is tricky!
Look at the way the apple is sitting and then adjust the
stick so it is straight.
Cut caramel into 15 pieces. Use a cutting board that is
wrapped in Saran Wrap, the caramel is very sticky. Roll
out each piece and wrap the apple.
Melt chocolate in microwave in 30-second intervals,
stirring between each 30 seconds. Dip apples and set on
Saran Wrapped counter, let dry.
Melt colored chocolate the same way then pour into the
plastic bottles and decorate each apple.
When completed and fully dry, place in bags and wrap
with your favorite ribbon!!