|2. Delta Children
One of the essential parts of a newborn baby’s accessories is the crib because, in the first three years, the baby will spend most of the time in the crib, and so it must be comfortable and safe.
Baby rooms are incomplete without cribs. Thus, you need a crib for your baby that is comfortable, durable, and safe. In this guide, we have handpicked 20 best baby cribs.
Here we have also listed the factors that help select the right crib, and some essential FAQS about the best baby cribs are also listed in this guide.
Top 20 Best Baby Cribs 2020
1. Storkcraft 4-in-1 Convertible Crib Pebble
The crib from Stotkcraft is beautifully and intelligently designed to accommodate the needs of a growing child. If you are looking for an all-in-one solution for your baby, then this classic crib will answer all your needs. It is an elegant, sturdy, full-frame convertible crib that can be converted into a toddler bed, a day bed, and even a full-size bed.
Once your child crosses the height of 35 inches, you can turn it into a toddler bed. The kit can be converted into a full-size bed with a headboard and footboard for your adolescent child. The mattress base comes with three positions adjustment and is perfect for a growing baby. It is one of the best cribs for baby, and carries a timeless design and will make your nursery stylish.
- Pinewood makes it durable and sturdy.
- It has three mattress levels.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Looks beautiful.
- You have to buy the mattress separately.
- Paint chips of quickly.
- Convertible kit to be purchased separately.
2. Delta Children Lancaster Convertible Baby Crib
This Delta children crib is a 4-in-1 crib, and it is combined with elegance and functionality.â€¯ If you have limited space, then this is a perfect kit. It can be quickly converted into a day bed, toddler bed, and full bed as well.
It is a sturdy crib and shows the commitment of the brand towards the safety of children.â€¯ This crib is certified by JPMA and meets all the safety needs of children and is one of the best baby crib 2020.
It brings a trust value and peace of mind that your children will always be safe in your crib.â€¯You can wipe the crib with a cloth and warm water. It is a stylish, rocking crib that comes in a variety of finishes. It will provide your baby with supreme comfort.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Four in one crib that is sufficient for all age group children.
- It is certified for safety.
- It is made of wood.
- The rocking crib will make your baby fall asleep quickly.
- Easy to assemble.
- Toddler arms and kit for day bed to be purchased separately.
3. Babyletto 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Babyletto Hudson crib is one of the best selling cribs. It is one of the best cribs for babies because of its modern design, which features a solid frame made of pine wood. It comes with GREENGUARD GOLD certification, which means it contains no harmful chemical, so it absolutely safe for your little one.
It is tested for more than 10000 chemicals. It ensures to create a healthier environment and contributes to clean air as your baby sleeps and grows in the crib. You can convert it into a toddler bed and a day bed. It has a low profile design so that you can quickly put your infant to rest. You can lower the mattress height to four adjustable positions.
There are no visible screws that provide a superior and cleaner look. It is made of pinewood from New Zealand, one of the most reliable and most easily renewable woods.
The crib meets the safety standard requirement of ASTM International and U.S. CPSC. You can add matching dressers and other accessories with your crib to complete your nursery.â€¯ Thus this particular crib turns out to be the best crib for baby.
- Tested for chemicals.
- Strong and sturdy.
- Three in one Convertible kit.
- Surety of safety.
- May face some wear and tear in a few years of use.
4. Delta Children Tribeca 4-in-1 Baby Convertible Crib
This beautiful masterpiece is crafted from sturdy wood and converted into a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed.â€¯ It amongst the best baby cribs because it is certified from JPMA, and therefore it provides you with high safety standards.
- It can be assembled quickly
- Looks great
- Superb quality
- Fast shipping
- Cannot fit twin size mattress when converted to a day bed.
- You need to buy the day bed separately.
5. Delta Children Dark Chocolate Colored 4-in-1 Convertible
For new parents deciding and finding the top quality crib is one of the toughest jobs. But you can buy Delta children emery crib without any worries. It is one of the best options for your fragile little one.
Safety and comfort both of these features have been kept in topmost priority by this brand. It is a 4 in 1 convertible crib that grows with your baby. You can convert it into a full-size bed, toddler bed, and even a day bed.
Therefore, you will be able to use this crib for many years, and you will not have to spend on buying different beds to meet the needs of your growing child. The crib is made using solid wood, and thus it is sturdy and has a very long life span.
It is tested for toxicity, and it meets the requirements of ASTM. JPMA also certifies it, so we can assure you that your child is safe in this crib. It is an elegant crib that comes in two shades and will make your nursery look beautiful.
- Convertible design
- Superior quality
- Hassle-free assembling
- You need to buy the guardrails and conversion kit separately.
6. DaVinci 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Davinci crib is a classic style beautiful crib that comes with side panels and curved back. It is a stunning crib that will make your nursery special.â€¯The best baby cribs are those that are GREENGUARD Gold Certified, and it is exactly what you get from this kit. This crib is tested for over 10000 chemicals and is a 100% free from toxic elements or chemicals.
The kit also meets ASTM International and US CPSC guidelines, and therefore your child is safe while playing and sleeping on the crib.
This beautiful and elegant crib is manufactured using the Pinewood of New Zealand. In short, this kit is a stylish, safe, comfortable, and perfect addition for your nursery.
Davinci also manufactures side drawers and dressers that are also certified by GREENGUARD GOLD so, if you want to complete the look of your nursery with safe products, you can buy the crib with drawers and dressers.
- Safe to use
- free from toxic chemicals
- Beautiful and elegant
- Grows with your child
- Some users complaint that parts of the cribs that arrived were damaged, but the seller changed them.
7. Stokke Hazy Grey Sleeping Bed
It is a beautiful grey bed in a round shape that comes with a wide range of features to meet your growing child’s needs. It provides comfort and safety while the baby is sleeping. In the blink of an eye, our children grow from an infant to toddler, and their needs grow with their age. This bed can accommodate your child up to three years of age.
The crib also comes with an adjustable mattress, thus ensuring that your baby is in complete comfort while sleeping. If you want to move the crib for cleaning the rooms or want to take it to a different place, worry not!
This crib comes with wheels, and for the safety of your child, they are lockable too. So now, you can take a crib along when you are cooking our doing laundry and do your work freely as your child will rest right in front of you in his portable crib.
It also gives you the flexibility to remove one side of the crib that will allow your baby to come out and go in once he starts climbing. It is made from beech wood that is solid and reliable and makes the best crib for baby.
- It can be assembled within 30 minutes.
- Unique round shape
- It looks gorgeous because of its natural finish
- You have to buy the mattress separately.
8. Delta Children Archer Solid Panel Convertible
Delta Children’s is a brand that specializes in designing baby products. Their cribs are best cribs for babies because they will get along with all types of decors and will also suit your budget. Their products are inspired by everyday life in families, traveling, and feedback from parents.
They keep in mind the need for both parents and children when designing products. So worry no whether you have a traditional nursery or modern one with stylish look delta crib will go with all types of decore and become a center of attraction.
It will stay with your child until he becomes a fully grown adult so that you can convert it into a daybed, toddler bed, and even a full-size bed for your teen.
The bed is made from Pinewood from New Zealand that gives it durability. It is certified by JPMA to provide the utmost safety to your child.â€¯ This classic kit has received positive reviews and five-star reviews from many buyers.
- Convertible into four types of beds.
- It is certified for safety.
- Elegant and goes will feature all decors.
- It meets the need of your growing child.
- You cannot lower the side of the crib; it is fixed.
9. Storkcraft Steveston 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Storkcraft is committed to creating furniture that caters to the needs of the family and builds memories. Their furniture are safe, comfortable, long-lasting, and innovative. This beautiful four-in-one convertible crib is going to make a perfect addition to your nursery.
It will grow with the needs of a growing child, and it can be converted to serve for different stages of your child. Thus, you will not need to buy a bed for your baby unless he grows into an adult.
It comes with an attached changing table that is accompanied by the safety trap. The changer of the crib will offer you with the right amount of storage space. It has two shelves, where you can keep your child’s stuff like diapers and clothes.
It also has a large drawer where you can keep all your baby’s supply. With this fantastic best baby crib, you will never fall short of the storage space for your child, while assuring complete comfort to your kid.
- It has a beautiful design.
- It comes with an attached changing table.
- The bottom drawer is a unique addition.
- Screws are not covered.
10. Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Folding Crib
Are you looking for the best crib for baby that can be used at home and taken with you anywhere? For moms on the go, this sleek and lightweight Mika Micky crib is a lifesaver. It comes handy for breastfeeding moms who have to go out for work because or can be used as a portable kit.
You can also convert it into a three-sided crib. You can also adjust this crib to 7 different heights. It comes with a breathable mesh, and there are no suffocation hazards that can put your child at risk. The wheels are lockable and safe.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is easy to clean.
- Lightweight and portable.
- It can be taken anywhere you want.
- Comes with two side pockets.
- It can be used for babies up to five months only.
11. Delta Children Abby Convertible Crib
Delta Children is serving parents from 1968 and is one of the oldest brands for juveniles. It has come up with some of the most revolutionary products with astounding designs and unimaginable engendering, and this crib is one of them.
Delta Children is committed to providing excellent products that beat the safety and look compared to all the other brands. It is a three-in-one crib and is an excellent alternative for parents who have limited space to work with. Its elegant style is well combined with great functionality as it comes with two drawers and a changing table on the side.
As your child grows, the changing table can be used as a nightstand. It meets all the safety guidelines of ASTM.â€¯ This means your children are safe in the crib, and you can do your other work peacefully when they are sleeping or playing. Your child will use this crib for a long time as it can be converted into a full-sized bed.
- Elegant design and color
- Ensures the safety of your child.
- Provides ample storage space.
- It has no wheels, so it canâ€™t be moved easily.
12. Stork Craft 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Drawer
If you are looking for a life long bed and a long-term investment, this is a perfect solution for your child’s room. This kit complies with all the excellent safety standards and certificates. It carries the certification of JPMA, CPSC, and ASTM. You can use it as a day bed, toddler bed, and a full-size bed.
This crib will last for three years to five years, at least. It is a lightweight crib and can be moved by a single person to clean. It comes with a spacious drawer that can be used to keep your babies supply. The cradle also features three adjustable heights for the mattress.
- Convertible and adjustable height
- Safety certificates
- Nontoxic finish
- Comes with a drawer
- The conversion kit should be bought separately.
13. Delta Children Bentley S Series Convertible Baby Crib
The crib is manufactured with the dark wood of superior quality. You can make it into a day bed and toddler bed. Once your child grows, you can convert it into a full-sized bed once your child grows into an adolescent age.
It is one of the best baby cribs, that comes with the toddler guardrails, but the full-size railings will have to be purchased separately. Their cribs are safe and own the certification of JPMA. CPSC and ASTM. It is also free from lead and all other toxic elements. You also get three adjustments for your mattress height.
- Fits well in spacious places.
- They are stylishly designed.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Free from chemicals.
- Meets all safety standards.
- You need to buy full-size rails separately.
- Slightly more substantial in comparison to others.
14. Delta Children Portable Mini Baby Crib
If you live in a small or medium-sized flat, you are short of space, or you are a parent on the go, then this mini portable crib from Delta is a perfect alternative. It is a lightweight, compact, and a well-built crib, but you cannot question its durability and strength.
If you are on the go, it is a perfect place to provide your baby with a night of great sleep and comfort. Its mini design takes very little space; therefore, it is ideal for traveling with.
This kit comes with the mattress. It provides you with the two positions support for the mattress. This crib is free of any toxic chemicals or paints, which ensures that your baby is an safe ecosystem.
You can use covert this crib easily into a playpen, bassinet, or changer that adds to the unique feature of this crib. The material used in making this mattress is lightweight and sturdy. You can also move it quickly between the rooms. Once it is folded, it can be kept under a bed or inside the closet.
- It uses extremely less space.
- Made using hardwood and come with the nontoxic finish.
- Casters provide easy mobility to the crib.
- Meets the needs of JPMA and ASTM security guidelines.
- No lead is used in making the crib.
- Comes with the mattress.
- Easy to fold and assemble.
- Astonishing design and color
- Only usable up to 6 months children
15. Dream On Me 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
It is a budget-friendly option, but that makes it no less in functionality or appearance. It can go along with different decors and furniture and turn into a centerpiece for your child’s nursery. It is made from pine wood, which is known for its durability.
No toxins are used in making of this crib. The wheels on the legs of the crib make it easy to move around, and they come with a locking feature, so you are assured that the baby is safe in there. It comes with 5 nontoxic finishes and three adjustable heights.â€¯It is amongst the best rated and also the best baby cribs.
- You can clean and maintain it easily.
- It is easy to carry due to wheels.
- The mattress is not included.
16. Dream On Me Synergy Emerald Convertible Crib
This an exclusive addition of Dream on me 5-in-1 feature of the crib makes it unique. If you are looking for a good purchase of a crib, then you can invest in this 5-in-1 convertible crib. Like other cribs, you can use it as a toddler, day bed, and full-size bed, but you can also use it as Toddler guardrail and stabilizer.
While all the other cribs feature only 3 or 2 mattress height settings, this crib features four mattress height settings. The emerald green color gives it an exclusive and vibrant look. Moreover, it is made using durable material, and it meets all the essential safety requirements of JPMA, CPSC & ASTM.
All the products of Dream on me are tested by a third-party for chemicals and lead. The attractive finish of this astounding crib will make your dream nursery come to life because of its vibrant finish. You can create a beautiful mermaid or jungle themed nursery with this crib. New Zealand pine wood gives it durability, and it can last for many years.
- Certified byâ€¯JPMA, CPSC & ASTM.
- Third-party tested for lead and chemicals.
- Unique design and outstanding green color.
17. Dream On Me Ashton White Convertible Crib
It has been made keeping in mind the safety and growth of your child. Thus it will become your childâ€™s best friend and keep him warm and comfortable until he turns into an adult. The color and design of this crib will match all types of dÃ©cor and furniture.
You can transform this 5-in-crib into a toddler bed, day bed, as your child grows, it becomes a full-size bed as well. The stationary rail design of the crib will provide your child with the best safety. You get four adjustable heights to pick and drop your child conveniently.
This timeless piece is available in 8 beautiful finishes and will match any theme of the nursery you can imagine. Safety of your child is a priority of Dream on me, and thus it comes with the certifications of JPMA, ASTM, and CPSC. It is made using non-toxic materials and also owns Green Guard Gold certification.
- Available in 8 finishes
- Meets all safety standards.
- Convertible kit and mattress are sold separately
18. Storkcraft Pacific Convertible Crib
Storkcraft is manufacturing furniture for 70 years and is known for the best quality and innovative products. Contemporary and simple design, solid color, 4-in-1 design, low profile for easy access, three adjustable height positions for mattress base, and durably built are some of this crib’s features. This is an astounding and everlasting crib that will grow with your child and serve all his needs.
It is certified by JPMA, CPSC, and ASTM for its safety standards. It is an eco-friendly and toxic-free crib that is made using the best quality pine wood. This amazing crib will become the best friend of your child, and will provide complete comfort and safety to your child.
Storkcraft is an expert manufacturer of all the products related to child furniture so you can buy desserts, changing tables, beds, mattresses, glider rocker chairs, and even bunk beds and complete your entire setup.
- Best quality wood used to make the crib.
- Safe to use.
- Very affordable price
- Mattress and convertible kit not included in the purchase.
19. Ronbei Baby Bassinet And Bedside Sleeper
This cozy bassinet is built using ultra-soft and skin-friendly fabric. It meets and exceeds the safety standards for infants. This crib comes with an adjustable cradle with nine heights and will fit all the bed sizes. When your crib is next to your bed, it becomes easy to care for your newborn even in the middle of the night.
This bassinet has retractable feet so, whether you have space, you donâ€™t have an area under your bed or not; you can use this crib.â€¯ This beautiful crib is a perfect solution for the parents who are short in budget and space.
- Adjustable up to nine heights.
- All the beds can use it.
- It allows you to care for babies at night easily.
- Lightweight and made using a soft fabric.
- It is quite affordable.
- Suitable up to 6-8 months only.
20. Graco Pack ‘n Play Portable Crib
This crib has a unique feature of automatic folding feet and wheels. Thus when it is folded, it turns into a very compact size. It can easily be carried along when traveling or within the rooms. The classic design and beautiful brown color look great will all furniture and decor styles. It comes with a carrying bag as well.
- Lightweight and compact
- Comfortable and cozy
- It comes with a warning label to not add any additional mattresses.
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Baby Crib
If you are purchasing a baby crib, here are few things you must keep in mind for the safety and comfort of the baby:
1. Types Of Cribs
When you are planning to buy the best baby cribs, don’t fall for the cute looks and pretty colors. Here are six types of cribs from which you can choose from as per your requirements.
- Standard Cribs:â€¯These cribs are the simplest in terms of constructions. They are durable and long-lasting. They have four sides and slats; these are great alternatives if you plan two or more babies. These are highly durable, and you can find them in the variety of colors and designs. These are not perfect options for parents who live as tenants or travel a lot because they are quite significant in size.
- Convertible Cribs:â€¯These cribs are becoming popular because they can grow in size along with your child. Many people add more features to these cribs, and some also convert them to a day bed or full bed.
If you are looking out for a long term furniture solution, then these cribs are the best alternatives. They also go well with the parents who don’t want another baby. These cribs are a bit pricy, and you might have to do some manual setup; therefore, make sure if you are ready to take the trouble or not before buying them.
- Bassinets:â€¯â€¯This is an ideal crib for new parents; it allows them to keep an eye on their little one when they are in the crib as the parent’s rest.â€¯They are smaller in size, and are great for apartments as they don’t need ample space like the other two cribs mentioned above.
They can also be moved from one room to another easily. In these cribs, you can even get excellent rocking options that can help your baby put to sleep faster. But these cribs are smaller in size, and once the baby is six months older and starts rolling, you’ll have to change the crib and get the bigger one.
- Travel Cribs:â€¯â€¯If you are often traveling and looking for a crib that can easily be carried from one place to another on work trips or vacations then these travel cribs are perfect, they can also be taken in the planes or cars and trains. They are usually made of aluminum and are very lightweight.
Some cribs have a side storage bag as well. Some may require quick setup whiles others are ready to use. These cribs can quickly get damaged and are not recommended for home use.
- Mini Crib:â€¯â€¯If you have a smaller living space, then you’ll need mini cribs. They could be smaller in size, but still, they have many features, and they look much cute, unlike other cribs. But because babies proliferate, parents will soon need another crib for their growing babies.
It is recommended that the sidebars measurements be not more than 2-3/8″ apart. It is because the spacing will block the baby from getting stuck or slipping out of the crib.
3. Corner Posts
Recommended height of the posts is 1/16th of an inch, and it should not increase this measurement because if they are taller, they can get caught up with your child’s clothes.
is one of the essential features of the crib. When selecting the bed, one must ensure that it is a cozy fit and should reach every corner of the crib if the gap between the mattress and frame is more than a figure. Mattress must not slag with the weight of the baby, and it should be firm. You can buy a matter that is adjustable as well as can be washed in the machine.
Not only babies should be healthy when sleeping on it; even elders should be able to pull or put the baby in the crib quickly. You should not be uncomfortable doing so; you should not require to bend a lot, or baby should not hit the frames when you are taking him out.
6. Crib Design
The design should be a blend of aesthetics and functionality both. It should be safe and should have all the essential features of it.
The size of the crib matters a lot. The format will depend upon the space you have. It will also depend upon the age and height of the babies.â€¯Some cribs can be extended as well. You must choose a crib that fits all your needs in terms of size.
Cribs are manufactured for different reasons. Some cribs are made only for newborns, while others can be used even when your infant turns into a toddler.â€¯If you canâ€™t buy different cribs for different age groups of babies, you must purchase the crib that will last longer.
9. Other Features
- No screws, sharp pints, nails glue should stick out anywhere.
- Paint should be eco-friendly and not peel out.
- Headboards should have no decorative cutouts, and the corners shouldn’t have any points.
- Never buy a crib with drop sides.
- Cribs with a drop-side no longer meet safety requirements (so you should say no if someone tries to give you one).
- Don’t bother with bumpers in the crib; there’s no evidence that they make kids safer, and older kids might use them to help them climb out of the crib.
- You shouldn’t buy a crib that wobbles. If your crib is on the wheels, then the wheels must have a locking feature.
FAQs on Baby Cribs
Q1. Why Is Baby Crib Essential?
A crib or a baby crib is a bed made especially for newborns or children below three years of age. In looks, it is like an adult bed in a smaller size, but it is surrounded with frames on the four sides for the safety of children.
It is required to keep the babies in place when they are sleeping. Unless babies start walking, there is always a fear of fall from the beds, and that’s where cribs step in. They prevent baby fall.
Q2. Until What Age Is Crib Required?
Parents mostly use the crib up to 3 years from the day babies are born. You can stop using the bassinet when they start coming out without any help.
Q3. When Should I Buy My Crib?
Some parents buy cribs when the mothers are still pregnant because it helps them to plan things properly.
Q4. Can I Use The Older Crib I Still Have?
Cribs are costly, and we have our sentimental values attached to it. In many places, we see they are passed down for generations. If you are planning to reuse the cribs, make sure that they are still firm and have no loose ends. You should check crib slats, hardware, color, and many other things and put them in place of the need before you start to reuse.
Q5. What Are Some Safety Tips When Using A Crib?
- Some of the safety tips are.
- The slats of the crib must be strong and sturdy.
- The frame must not bend too much.
- The mattress should be firm, and it should never tilt.
- Material, paints should be nontoxic.
- Babies should be placed in the center and only on his back.
- Cribs shouldn’t have spaces that can collect dust because babies are sensitive to soils. Moreover, you will need a vacuum cleaner to keep the dust away from the crib.
- Don’t let any kind of fur get collected in your crib to keep the crib clean.
- Ensure that all the screws and hardware are fastened tightly.
- There should be no clutter in the crib, such as toys, pillows, other items in the cribs.
Don’t place the cribs near doors, windows,â€¯cords, curtains, or anything that your baby can pull or fall. Window drapes and curtains can be a real danger to your baby as they can entangle themselves and choke.
Keep your crib clean and don’t clutter it with toys or stuffed animals. Don’t keep blankets, pillows, etc. on the sides of the crib. If you need to keep your baby warm, you can use a swaddle blanket.
Q6. Are Crib Bumpers Safe To Use?
Bumpers are attached to the sides of the crib. They are made to protect the babies from injuries. But there are no proof as such of these claims. As per records, these crib bumpers have caused serious injures to babies. Babies can entangle themselves in their strings that can choke them. There have been such cases reported over the years.
Earlier, the slats were not regulated by safety standards. There was no prescribed gap limit between the slats. Therefore, parents used to add crib bumpers to protect infants. But now the height and width of the slats should be as per safety standards, and therefore bumpers are no longer required.
Buy The Best Baby Cribs And Get Them A Good Night Sleep
This was our list of top 20 best baby cribs 2020 you can find online. If you were wondering why some of the cribs with similar designs and sizes were pricier, they are much higher in terms of quality and safety. The costlier the crib, the better the wood. Most of the pricy cribs are made using solid wood. Such cribs can last for many years, and they don’t break or face any damage quickly.
You may wonder why absolute beds are much pricier than others, even though they look the same. It all comes down to quality. You need to find out the crib that suits all your needs. The lists that have been featured here are best baby cribs, and they are designed to provide 100% comfort, safety, and longer life span. These cribs are guarantee that your babies will get the best sleep.
Make sure that you donâ€™t compromise on the quality of the crib, check the certification and reviews before making a purchase.
As a mom, I am passionate about helping other parents on their baby’s journey. The first year plays such a critical role in the development of our little ones and it’s so easy to get overwhelmed. I cope with the challenges of parenthood doing lots of research on what’s easy-to-use, budget-friendly, and practical too. To that end, I started this website to share my findings, helpful tips, buyer guides, and baby product reviews. I enjoy Yoga, cooking hearty meals, and an evening out with my best friends.